If you have a dog, you know how much joy and love they can bring to your life. But you also know how much mess and smell they can leave behind on your carpet. No matter how often you vacuum, shampoo, or spray your carpet, you may still notice a lingering dog odor that makes your home less inviting and comfortable.
Dog odor is not only unpleasant, but it can also be harmful to your health and your carpet’s condition. Dog urine, feces, saliva, and dander can contain bacteria, allergens, and acids that can damage your carpet fibers, cause stains, and trigger allergies or asthma. That’s why you need professional carpet cleaning to remove dog odor effectively and safely.
Professional carpet cleaners have the equipment, products, and expertise to deep clean your carpet and eliminate dog odor at its source. They can also apply protective treatments to prevent future stains and odors from setting in. Here are some of the benefits of hiring professional carpet cleaners to remove dog odor from your home:
What kills pet odor in carpet?
One of the main reasons why pet odor persists in your carpet is because of the organic matter that remains in the carpet fibers after your dog has an accident or sheds hair. This organic matter can attract bacteria and mold, which produce foul-smelling gasses that permeate your carpet and the air in your home.
To kill pet odor in carpet, you need to remove the organic matter as much as possible.
A professional carpet cleaner will use sprays, chemicals, and tools that are specially designed for pet odor removal. They will first inspect your carpet and identify the source and extent of the odor. They will then apply a spray that contains enzymes or bacteria that can break down the organic matter and eliminate the odor. They will let the spray work for a while and then extract it with a powerful vacuum. They will also use a chemical cleaner that can neutralize the odor and disinfect the carpet. They will scrub the carpet with a brush or a sponge and rinse it with hot water. They will also deodorize your carpet and apply a protective coating that can prevent future stains and odors.
What neutralizes the smell of dog?
Another reason why pet odor lingers in your carpet is because of the acidic nature of dog urine and feces. These substances can lower the pH level of your carpet, making it more prone to staining and discoloration. They can also react with other chemicals in your carpet or cleaning products, creating unpleasant odors.
To neutralize the smell of dog, you need to restore the pH balance of your carpet. This can be done by using specialized cleaning products that are designed to target specific types of stains and odors. For example, professional carpet cleaners may use enzyme-based cleaners that break down the organic matter in dog urine or feces, neutralizing the odor and removing the stain. They may also use deodorizers that mask or eliminate the smell of dog odor, leaving your carpet fresh and fragrant.
Professional carpet cleaners have access to a variety of cleaning products that are suitable for different types of carpets and stains. They know how to mix and apply them correctly, avoiding any adverse reactions or damage to your carpet.
How do you get rid of dog smells in your house?
Even if you clean your carpet regularly, you may still notice a dog smell in your house. This is because pet odor can spread to other surfaces and objects in your home, such as curtains, furniture, bedding, or clothes. It can also linger in the air due to poor ventilation or humidity.
To get rid of dog smells in your house, you need to clean not only your carpet but also other areas where pet odor may accumulate. This can be done by using a combination of vacuuming, dusting, washing, and airing out your home regularly. You may also use air fresheners, candles, or essential oils to add some pleasant scents to your home.
However, these methods may not be enough to completely eliminate dog smells from your house. That’s why you may need professional help from time to time. Professional carpet cleaners can not only clean your carpet but also offer other services such as upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, hardwood floor cleaning, or air duct cleaning. These services can help you remove pet odor from other parts of your home and improve the overall quality of your indoor air.
Why does my carpet smell like my dog?
One of the most common questions that pet owners ask is why their carpet smells like their dog even after they clean it. There are several possible reasons for this phenomenon:
- Your dog may have a skin condition or infection that causes them to produce more oil or sebum than normal. This oil can transfer to your carpet when your dog lies on it or rubs against it.
- Your dog may have a dietary issue or allergy that causes them to produce more gas than normal. This gas can escape through their mouth or anus and get trapped in your carpet fibers.
- Your dog may have a hormonal imbalance or stress that causes them to mark their territory more often. This can result in more urine or feces on your carpet, which can be hard to remove completely.
- Your dog may have a habit of rolling in dirt, grass, or other substances that have a strong smell. This smell can stick to their fur and transfer to your carpet when they come inside.
To prevent your carpet from smelling like your dog, you need to address the root cause of the problem. This may involve taking your dog to the vet for a check-up, changing their diet or medication, training them to avoid marking or rolling, or grooming them more often. You also need to clean your carpet regularly and thoroughly, using the methods and products mentioned above.
Why you need professional carpet cleaning to remove dog odor
As you can see, removing dog odor from your carpet is not an easy task. It requires a lot of time, effort, and money to do it yourself. And even then, you may not get the results you want.
That’s why you need professional carpet cleaning to remove dog odor from your home. Professional carpet cleaners have the equipment, products, and expertise to deep clean your carpet and eliminate dog odor at its source. They can also apply protective treatments to prevent future stains and odors from setting in.
Here are some of the benefits of hiring professional carpet cleaners to remove dog odor from your home:
- They can save you time and money. Cleaning your carpet yourself can be time-consuming, exhausting, and costly. You may have to rent or buy a steam cleaner, buy various cleaning products, move furniture around, and spend hours scrubbing and drying your carpet. And after all that effort, you may still not get rid of the dog odor completely. Professional carpet cleaners can do the job faster, better, and cheaper than you can. They have the tools, skills, and efficiency to clean your carpet in a fraction of the time and cost that it would take you.
- They can guarantee their work. Professional carpet cleaners are confident in their ability to remove dog odor from your carpet, and they can back it up with a guarantee. If you are not satisfied with their work, they will come back and clean your carpet again for free or refund your money. This way, you can rest assured that you are getting the best service possible.
- They can advise you on how to maintain your carpet. Professional carpet cleaners can also give you tips and recommendations on how to keep your carpet clean and odor-free in between their visits. They can suggest the best products, tools, and techniques to use for regular maintenance, as well as how often you should schedule professional cleaning sessions. They can also help you prevent common problems such as pet accidents, spills, or mold growth on your carpet.
If you want to get rid of dog odor from your carpet once and for all, don’t hesitate to call professional carpet cleaners today. They will make your carpet look, feel, and smell like new again. You will be amazed by the difference they can make in your home’s appearance and atmosphere.